Title Sequence Clips

      I didn’t realize how important opening scenes are. Opening scenes are important because it sets up the plot and shows you what you're watching right of the bat. And later in the movie u can even look back and reflect and see what's changed and how characters have changed or stayed the same. In the past I would watch a movie and not think much about it. But now I see how important the first 5 minutes of a movie can affect the next 2-hour movie. Everything from sound/music to font to wardrobe, camera angles, scenery, colors, and dialog plays a role.

     For example, in the opening scene of “scream” the music playing in the back is suspenseful and causes a sense of eeriness. The opening scene also uses popcorn as a way to build suspense by slowly watching the stove popcorn get bigger and bigger. The font at the beginning is also red like blood. In the movie “Jaws” it uses the iconic music. The beginning also is almost symbolic because as the girl is getting eating the boy doesn’t even notice and to him everything is perfectly fine. This represents how the mayor pays no attention to the shark attacks. The opening scene also pays a lot of attention to detail. Also sets the movie up with a bunch of kids doing what kids do which gives it a casual feel. Another example is “Saturday night fever” this movie uses clothing/wardrobe and music. john Travolta the main character is wearing classic disco clothes while the song “stayin’ alive” is playing in the back. The opening scene to “pulp fiction” creates a casual feel too it, this is because it takes place in a diner and a couple eating breakfast together. Body language plays a big role in this one because the character Mia Wallce says a lot with her body language. “she's gotta have it” has an interesting opening since the movie has a hidden meaning/backstory about real life. The opening uses music and real black and white photos to set the film up. 

     After watching all those movie clips and writing notes I feel more inclined to making a movie opening scene. Ive made movie trailer type things in the past and I think I can bring that experience into this project. Although we haven't taken notes on magazines or anything yet so my opinion might change but as of now, I want to make the opening scene of a movie. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story Board

Decision Day