Concept Refinement

                                                                 AICE Media Studies AS 

Portfolio Project Concept Refinement 

Fall 2020 

CATEGORY 

DETAILS 

Film OR Magazine 

 Film 

Genre 

  Action/Adventure 

Target Audience (Be specific) 

 10-35 

What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard) 

 A team of three use their own special traits to solve the mysteries of corona virus whiles the government is trying to stop them. Steve who worked for the government is fired after finding something fishy about the corona virus. His friend Farkle who's an IT guy along with Martha who's Steves ex-girlfriend work together to solve the mystery of corona virus. 

How did you conceive the idea for this concept? 

 I came up with this because I like adventure movies that have like secret maps and stuff and I also feel if I add a taste of action in this movie it could make for a fun movie. 

What do you believe is unique about your concept? 

 I believe my movie isn't plot unique but its unique because of its change in story line. Its unique cause it uses modern day pandemic as a key part of the story line. 

Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience? 

 I believe this product will be of interest to my audience because it will be relevant to what's happening in the world with the pandemic. This will make it more relative and interesting. 

  

 FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM PEER 

 Music  ,drama with ex-gf  , where am I going to film   ,editing  

 BLOG POST 6: Concept Refinement 

     After my class pitch, I received some alright feedback. As far as positive or negative the feedback didn’t really lean one way or the other so I think my idea for the story line is alright. The two main questions that stood out to me where “Where are you going to film?” and “do you know how to edit?” These questions could both have limiting answers. Originally, I Just kind of brushed over them in my head. Where I'm going to be able to film and how good of an editor I am is going to affect the final product. I'm planning to film mostly in school, but I will probably have to film at other places outside of school for special shots. And for editing I think I can mostly handle the editing just putting clips together and music will help. If I run into editing issues, I can search up on YouTube. 

       According to the article “The 7 Vital Steps to Developing a Great High Concept Movie” a “high concept” movie idea needs three basic elements “Character.Conflict.Desire.” I have a character and conflict, but I feel the thing I need to add is the desire. For example, why does my main character Steve want to discover the secrets of corona.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story Board

Decision Day